The Insight flowmeters are specifically designed for use on fire apparatus where flowing water is often turbulent and unsteady. This hi-tech indicating device is compact to take up minimal panel space and built rugged to withstand the conditions found at fire scenes today.
- Displays GPM Directly
- Push Button Totalizer (Displays the total gallons flowed since pumping began.)
- All Aluminum Housing
- Paddlewheel Style Flow Sensor
- FRC Datalink Interface
- Internal Micro-Processor
- Supply Voltage: 9-30 VDC
- Supply Current: 0.5 Amp
- Simple Installation
- Display Dimensions: 3.26″ wide x 3.25″ high, 2.72″ panel cutout required
- Linearizer Feature – allows for calibration at multiple flow rates
- Safeflow Feature – preset excessive and inadequate flow warning settings
- FRC Datalink – allows for remote displays and summing or accumulating of flow from all discharges
- Push Button Calibration – accessed from the front of the display so yearly checks (if required by your department) are easier to perform.
THE INSIGHT SYSTEM
- All Insight displays are the same and can be set to display the flow rate for any diameter pipe by using the push-buttons located on the front of the display.
- An Insight display directly connected to the sensor is called the primary display.
- An Insight display that shows the same flow as the primary is the remote display. Connecting a remote display to FRC datalink cable and then configure it tomatch the primary through the push-button interface.
- An Insight display configured to show the actual flow rate of several discharges is called a summing display. Connect an Insight display to the datalink and then configure it as a summing display through the push-button interface.
- An Insight display configured to show the total accumlated flow rate through several discharges is called an accumulatinging display. Connect an Insight display to the datalink and then configure it as an acculumatinging display through the push-button interface.
- Calibration of the Insight to a known reference can be performed by using the push-buttons located on the front of the display.
- All flow sensors are paddlewheel type.
PLUMBING THE FLOW SENSOR
The proper installation of the flow sensor is essential. The final accuracy of the digital flow display will be based on the plumbing choices made at installation. Refer to the Flow Sensor page for more details.